Many of us are aware of the rhyme 'Monday's Child' by A. E Brays
Monday's child is fair of face
- Monday is a grumpy businesswoman. She walks up and down the hallways and sidewalks, high heels clacking, screaming into her mobile phone, and (if outside) her hair blows out behind her. She pretty much ruins everyone lives, causes stress, and everyone is scared to speak up to her. She's just there, much to everyone's dislike. Her clothes are a mixture of Marc Jacobs, Prada, and Gucci and she prefers Louis Vuitton $650 handbags to WalMart briefcases at a price of $35. Blackberries are her phone of choice, and despite the rumours of a childcare facility in the basement of her multimillion dollar company, her and her employees look like they've never given birth to anything. Never mind a child.
- Tuesday is a timid old grandmother. She sits in her rocking chair by the fire, quietly knitting, biting her bitter tongue. She is just in the background, not a big force behind things. She has many ideas and complaints, but she holds it back to keep herself under radar. Her thrift-store muumuu hides her flabby body figure and she favours socks and sandals (ugh!) on her scraggly feet. A curly snow-white bob sits atop her head, glasses on a string nestles in the soft hair. She talks in a quiet, soft voice, like talking to a wild animal she doesn't wish to harm or frighten.
- Wednesday is a happy child. The knowledge of knowing that the weekend is coming near, two days of complete freedom, has it bouncing.
- Thursday is a lazy slob. He sits there like a log, he doesn't work and all he does is sleep and eat. Thursday is a very long, tiring day, even if you do nothing. All you think about is our good friend Friday. He has a wife-beater on and wears pregnancy pants since he can't fit regular pants. Beer and fried chicken are his best friends and he has a prominent beer gut. Many people fear he's an alcoholic.
- Friday is a tattooed drag queen. A thing you're always amazed to see, even though it comes around once a week for 24 hours.
- Saturday is a party-ridden teenager.