Tuesday 5 June 2012

Summer Pa®adise☺ June 5th 2012

EXPLANATORY
I will probably spend summer vacation as I always do, take it as it comes. Let the good times roll. I never plan anything, considering they never actually happen in any way, shape, or form. I (usually) love surprises, so when they come along I take them gratefully. But, if anything were known for sure, I'm going to the EX and the Icelandic Festival with Taylor and I will (most likely) be going camping. Oh! And I'll be 'apprenticing' at a hair salon.
NARRATIVE
There was one time during summer, around mid-August, and I was in the city with Lauren when I saw the most interesting sight ever. There was this really tall guy (at LEAST 6' 6", he was HUGE) and this really short woman about 20 years old (maybe like 5 feet tall). Lauren was in the bathroom, but this guy was wearing skinny jeans and a beret (a BERET) and this HUGE beard, while the woman was wearing a super-short hot pink denim skirt with a low-cut tank top. Her fingernails were like three inches long! Yes, well, there were making out on those vibrating chairs, and OH! it was hilarious, I couldn't help but laugh. Not because I'm rude, it was just funny.
PERSUASIVE
To whom it may concern,

I am a long-time resident of Arborg, Manitoba and I am shocked at the laziness that has come about for the entertainment of students. How many students do you know that are going to meet at Chicken Chef for some 'coffee' or stop at Home Hardware for tools? Explain that to me. There is only so much a student can go to the pool or to the Bargain Shop during the summer. Yes, there is a drop-in center which is great and everything, but how about the younger kids, like the 12-and-under year olds?The ones that aren't in grade 7 or 13 years old yet. They have a community pool, lots of choice there.

I have many suggestions for the youth of Arborg, maybe have a concert of some sort with local bands, OR maybe have a Laser/ Paintball Tag thing. There are many things we could do to entertain the youth, but these are just two ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment